Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
Samsara is seeking a talented and driven Partner Manager to launch and scale relationships with leading Insurance carriers and brokers. Samsara’s telematics and dashcam technology helps customers improve the safety of their operations - this has mutual benefits for our customers, as well as their insurance providers. Well structured partnerships can help customers reduce their insurance premiums, while helping Insurance carriers and brokers grow their business profitably. As an Insurance Partnership Manager, you will own the sourcing, structure, and business development relationships with individual carriers and brokers in Samsara’s Insurance Channel.
This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial role in which you will work with insurance organizations to create and market scalable programmes that benefit both end customers and the insurers, while driving sales and adoption of Samsara technology. Activities will include relationship building and management from the C-suite down, programme building and execution, marketing, training and enablement of Agents and Producers, and data oriented practice development done in high-touch collaboration with Samsara’s insurance partners.
This position can be located at our Mexico HQ in Mexico City or be based remotely in market.
In this role, you will:
- Source new insurers (Cold-calling/LinkedIn outreach, Response to organic inquiries, RFP/RFI responses, following up on customer-led introductions)
- Develop joint programs with Insurance partners (guiding partners through the process of piloting and launching programmes based on our standard approaches to referral, subsidy, and whitelabel programmes)
- Develop and manage co-marketing campaigns with partners
- Create agent/producer trainings (In-person conference training , Virtual/Remote working training, Agent resources for one-off demo’s (prior to referral submission)
- Manage cross-functional projects and problem solve (aligning stakeholders within sales, finance, marketing, customer success) to make your partners’ programs successful
- Enable and engage with Samsara sales teams to leverage insurance partners in the sales cycle to source and close business
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 5+ years sales experience with consistent, documented overachievement
- 2+ years partnership/channel management experience
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience in building/running channel marketing campaigns, and sales training
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration and communication skills
- Native language fluency in Spanish and full business proficiency in English
An ideal candidate also has:
- Prior experience in the insurance industry is a major plus
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.