Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
You believe that you can tackle anything that comes your way. You’re organized and quickly notice when a process hasn’t been set up perfectly and efficiently. You can't wait to learn the inner workings of a fast-growing tech company. You're willing to roll-up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done. You're excited to join a team where you can make a huge impact. You thrive in fun, friendly, fast-paced environments. You have a passion for all things People Ops and are looking for a role with a lot of exposure and learning opportunities.
In this role you will
- New Hire Onboarding: Coordinate local new hire onboarding and drive feedback cycles to ensure constant improvement.
- Data Entry: New hires, employee status changes, and terminations in various systems (Workday, ADP, etc.). Maintains utmost confidentiality in all matters pertaining to employee records and investigations.
- HR Process: Verify employment for all new hires. Performs background checks and employment verification requests.
- Immigration Support: Assist with administering new immigration cases and visa extensions.
- Benefits Support: Assist with administering health and pension plans, enrollments, changes and terminations.
- Employee Support: Be the first line of support in the EMEA region to provide timely and accurate information regarding Human Resources processes, personnel policies, and procedures.
- Internal Support: Liaise with Payroll to complete auditing for each pay cycle. Partner with Legal to remain compliant with labor laws by country.
- Programs Support: Coordinate our quarterly recognition program and assist with rolling out learning and development opportunities in EMEA.
- Special Projects: Assist other People Operations staff with special projects on an as-needed basis.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset).
An ideal candidate has
- Experience in HR or Payroll, preferably in fast-growing, global companies.
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and judgment; ability to make sound decisions independently; solutions-oriented; thrives in ambiguity.
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design and communicate clear processes, and a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem-solving.
- Strong bias for action and not afraid to “roll up your sleeves.”
- Ability to work at-pace in a high-growth environment.
- Impeccable discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent self-management and interpersonal skills.
- Experience using Workday is a plus.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.