Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the Role:
You will be a part of our frontline support team made up of highly skilled and professional Technical Support Specialists. You will be responsible for responding to customer requests for technical assistance over the phone and chat. Your work will be fast-paced and independent in nature as you will be expected to manage yourself in a way to be available to respond quickly to our customers. Your work will also be collaborative, working together with other support representatives in multiple support locations to serve our customers.
Experience in a technical support role, proven customer-facing skills, and strong communication skills are a must. You should be comfortable handling complex technical issues and working in a fast-paced phone support environment.
In this role, you will:
- Respond to inbound customer requests for assistance through live channels (phone and chat).
- Collaborate with other customer support teams to communicate and escalate customer issues in a timely fashion
- Self-Manage personal workload in an effective and efficient manner
- Utilize available knowledge, tools, and resources to resolve customer issues
- Clearly and concisely documenting communications with Customers
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical discipline such as computer science or engineering
- 1-3 years of experience in a technical product support role
- Technical know-how - you’re comfortable interfacing with engineers, translating complex technical concepts into everyday language, and working with SaaS system
- Interest and ability to work in a fast-growing environment with changing responsibilities.
- Technical expertise in cloud applications, mobile computing, and hardware device troubleshooting
- Able to work flexible hours - nights and weekends a plus
- Spanish/Bilingual is a plus
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.