Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
As a Sales Engineering Intern at Samsara, you’d be part of a diverse group of technically minded folks working together to bring our unique connected operations technology to customers. Our Global SE Team works with prospects and customers on solutions for logistics/supply chain management, fleet maintenance strategies, global asset management, machine control systems/diagnostics, system integration, and regulatory compliance. An SE Intern at Samsara would be interested in developing a thorough understanding of IoT hardware and sensors, hands-on installation/deployment scenarios, carrier networks, cloud infrastructure, third-party system integrations (via our open API), and how to apply that knowledge when designing solutions for prospects and customers. An SE intern also plays a key role in scaling the internal SE Operation as a whole.
In this role, you will:
- Configure web-based dashboards and customize live product demonstrations so that prospects can trial our platform and see their specific use cases in action.
- Write and deploy scripts in Python to ensure a seamless integration of Samsara’s platform into prospective customer’s existing software stack and tailor report formats from a broad set of data we gather about their vehicles, equipment, drivers, and technicians.
- Explain and communicate technical documentation about vehicle telematics, equipment monitoring, compliance with transportation law and regulation, route tracking algorithms, and video-based safety that utilizes artificial intelligence and computer vision.
- Produce and manage digital content to assist with product learning, product adoption, hardware installation, and software configuration to ensure internal teams are equipped with the tools needed to test, trial, and implement creative workarounds and new solutions.
- Update and manage internal hardware and software lab infrastructure, both in office and remote kits. Coordinate and participate in new IoT gateway, dashboard camera, and accessory sensor testing activities.
- Contribute to product development by identifying and refining examples of challenges that specific types of businesses face that Samsara can help solve.
- Provide front-line technical feedback to internal development teams.
- Coordinate cross functional communication to identify proper security documentation for different verticals and industries and execute RFP responses.
An ideal candidate would:
- Complete a Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Electric and Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related technical field between Fall/Winter 2022 - Fall/Winter 2023
- Have a customer-first mindset and a passion for working with people to design and build scalable solutions involving both hardware and software components
- Be as interested in cutting and splicing wires in various machinery as you are in scripting software solutions
- Have an interest in sales strategy and competition, conveying ROI to stakeholders, and presenting the right technical solution based on unique customer environments
- Enjoy understanding our users and what would make their day-to-day processes easier to manage
- Have a solid history of tinkering with hardware gadgets, sensors, networks, and vehicles. Be able to highlight several applications you’ve designed in the past.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks. Review all of Samsara's benefit programs at rewards.samsara.com.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.