Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
The Director of People Programs will be a key leader on Samsara’s People Leadership Team, developing and driving the execution of an organizational development & effectiveness vision and strategy. The People Programs team develops and delivers programs across key employee professional moments including onboarding, talent planning, learning and development, performance management, culture and engagement.This role reports to the Head of Employee Experience, and oversees a team of program managers.
As a leader of the team, you are comfortable creating and leading several programs moving in parallel. You communicate with all organizational levels and have an appetite for building talent interventions, at times from scratch. You'll partner with senior leaders across the organization and the people team to provide expertise and consultation in talent and performance assessment, learning and talent development, culture and engagement, organization design and change management.
- Design an integrated talent management strategy to support the growth of the company and employees. Develop a long term vision for the team, processes and systems
- Own the execution and improvement of existing programs, including performance management, onboarding, engagement surveys, leader and manager development
- Own the prioritization, design, implementation and execution of future programs including, but not limited to, future of engagement with hybrid workforce, goal setting, competencies development, talent and succession planning
- Monitor, understand and respond to employee sentiment and feedback, organizational trends, and business needs to ensure the programs address critical organizational needs
- Ensure the development and integration of inclusive approaches to all talent management programs. Design programs for scale, grounded in data and agile design principles
- Lead by example as a people manager, hire great talent, inspire and develop your teams and achieve high quality results
- 10+ years of experience in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Talent Management, Learning & Development or other related strategic business function
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Strong understanding and working experience of leading research and practices in OD and Talent Management
- Demonstrated leadership presence, collaboration and influence across the organization
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), able to create a story using data and research
- Operational rigor and program management skills
- Strong analytical skills and systems thinking with an ability to connect people to talent strategy, and processes across the company
- High levels of ownership, initiative taking, scrappiness and desire to build something great
- Ability to drive execution and iterate by running feedback loops
- Advanced degree, particularly a Masters/PhD in organizational development, organizational psychology or similar field
- Tech industry experience
- Facilitation and training experience
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.