Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
Samsara’s Customer Success (CS) team advises and guides our customers, ensuring they adopt Samsara and continuously gain business value from our products. We are the trusted point of contact for Samsara’s customers throughout their lifecycle: onboarding, adoption, advocacy, and renewal.
In this role, you will work directly with the CS Operations Manager and CS Leadership to build out best-in-class Data Analytics, Systems, and Enablement Tools to enable the CS team to provide the best experience to Samsara’s customers. Our data and analytics foundation will include executive reporting, health of business reviews, dashboards, and KPIs. Launching systems and enablement tools will give you hands-on operating experience in scaling and standardizing processes in a growing organization. Additionally, your role will be cross-functional in nature, working alongside other teams such as Sales, Support, Product, and Finance, enabling you to experience multiple aspects of a fast-growing company from within.
This role requires strong business acumen, a passion for scaling organizations and streamlining operations, and an eagerness to constantly deliver data-driven improvements in a fast-moving environment. In addition to this, you will champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
This role can be office-based or fully remote in the US and Canada.
In this role, you will:
- Drive continuous improvement to achieve and maintain operational excellence for CS
- Manage playbooks and processes, team enablement, technology, and data insights for a 75+ person (and growing!) CS organization
- Lead industry research of best practices to ensure Samsara is building upon cutting-edge technologies and management practices
- Own all projection models for CS, including headcount, staffing, renewals, and budget
- Build, maintain, and improve our data and reporting capabilities
- Identify and tackle our toughest operational problems through processes, tools, and dashboards that scale
- Work with cross-functional leaders to deliver outcomes for Samsara and our customers
- Lead with creative problem solving and measure expected and actual results for your initiatives
- Build a project and change management foundation by establishing tools, process, and communication standards within CS
- Contribute to building out team norms and operating procedures as one of our early hires
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 3+ years of data-driven, operational experience, ideally in a SaaS environment or fast-paced management consulting role
- Proven track record creating systems and processes that measurably increase team productivity and/or customer outcomes
- Experience launching change management operational process improvements
- Ownership of a critical business system for a function’s end-to-end processes
- Expert in data analysis, segmentation, and reporting - driving evidence-based decisions
- Proven track record of building trust and communicating effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders: executives, Product and Engineering leadership, frontline managers
- Diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through issues
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year institution. MBA preferred
An ideal candidate also has:
- Ownership of the technology stack for a function’s end-to-end processes
- Strong knowledge of Gainsight, Totango, and Google BigQuery
- Strong bias for action, the ability to think big, with an insistence on high standards
- Thrives in an unstructured, fast-paced, and change-heavy environment
- A penchant for customer service, patience, and resourcefulness
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks. Review all of Samsara's benefit programs at rewards.samsara.com.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.