Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Marketing Manager to accelerate adoption of our products, create new solution-driven narratives, and build internal programs and processes to up-level our team.
At Samsara, the Product Marketing team is responsible for launching over 100 new hardware and software products to our customers, buyers, and internal teams each year. We partner closely with product, sales, customer success, and broader marketing teams to ensure that all of our products resonate in our target industries and geographies.
In addition to owning marketing for a specific product, this role also offers the opportunity to build out brand new cross-product programs and initiatives. Examples of past initiatives include a competitive intelligence program, new storytelling frameworks, and sales training programs.
In this role, you will:
- Define and manage end-to-end GTM strategy for an entire product area, including messaging, positioning, launch planning, sales enablement, and customer adoption.
- Create messaging that showcases Samsara’s vision and unique story to diverse audiences. The results can range from keynote presentations, to hands-on workshops, to customer-centric videos, and more.
- Drive creative, multi-channel marketing campaigns that resonate with internal and external audiences. Partner with growth and demand generation teams to execute and measure results.
- Build product marketing programs and frameworks to promote Samsara’s products and services, internally and externally, and drive organizational excellence.
- Develop insights based on product usage data, voice of customer, campaign effectiveness, and industry trends and translate those insights into actionable recommendations that promote business objectives and drive tangible results.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (obsess over the customer, build for the long term, growth mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 5-8+ years of relevant experience in product marketing, solution marketing, growth marketing, product management, or go-to-market strategy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You’re comfortable presenting to internal and external audiences (large and small) and are an expert at creating and editing everything from pithy emails to detailed launch plans to researched white-papers and more.
- Ability to synthesize and distill complex information into clear, concise messaging for different audiences.
- Experience in high-growth technology companies and/or fast-paced startups – you’re happiest operating without a set playbook.
- Strong cross-functional leader – you have on-the-job experience managing and communicating complex projects with many stakeholders.
- You’re detail-oriented, yet can think big picture; analytical, yet creative; and a self-starter who is not afraid to execute and get in the weeds.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience in B2B marketing.
- High sense of urgency and ambitious work ethic to drive business outcomes.
- Analytical chops to understand customer data and measure the effectiveness of marketing programs.
- Desire to conduct product, customer, and market research.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. Learn more about our approach to Flexible Workplaces here.