Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage.
Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
About the role:
Samsara is seeking a versatile and well-rounded leader who is excited about building our business in Europe. Samsara’s Business Operations function works to sustain the growth of Samsara in Europe across all our markets and sales segments. As a Growth and Business Operations Analyst, you will be leading the planning and execution of all European pipeline generation initiatives (outbound and inbound), liaising with sales and marketing teams. You will have direct impact on our revenue performance, and will have accountability for sales metrics from day one.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast growing company and have an outsized impact leading a high performing, talented team. This role is located in London, UK.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for pipeline generation goals across multiple sales segments and geographies. Define core metrics, set targets, and track performance against plan.
- Identify and drive sales and pipe-gen improvement initiatives, by partnering with sales leadership and marketing. Examples include email campaigns, webinars, cold calling campaigns
- Leverage data to drive sales productivity - identify challenges, diagnose issues, and define and implement programs to improve productivity
- Define initiatives to drive longer-term strategic planning. Use data-rich problem-solving to inform your perspective (e.g. competitive analyses, market size analysis, market trends analysis)
- Own prospect list quality and sufficiency across multiple sales segments and geographies
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Passion for building and scaling high performing businesses
- 3+ years in a management consulting firm or similar role
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Bias-to-action and hands-on attitude
- Excellent analytical skills, acquired as an analyst in a management consulting firm; mastery of Excel or equivalent tool is mandatory
- Business fluent in English
- Able to work in a fast paced, changing environment as we scale up our teams in EMEA.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Eager to gain experience as an operator and to be accountable for business performance outcomes
- Project experience/ start-up experience in a sales and business development function
- Business fluent in German, Dutch, or French
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.