Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the Role
Samsara is looking for an experienced Technical Support Engineer to provide world-class hardware and software support experience to our customers. You will be a part of our Tier 2 support team within the umbrella of the Global Technical Support organization. You will be responsible for resolving complex customer problems and improving support across all teams. Your work will be collaborative in nature, working together with other support engineers in multiple support locations to serve our customers and troubleshoot complex issues.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background with experience in a technical support role, proven customer-facing skills, and strong communication skills. You understand the day-to-day aspects of customer support including managing tickets, building knowledge base articles, and providing product feedback to Engineering and PM teams.
This role can be office-based or fully remote in the US and Canada.
In this role, you will:
- Product Expertise: Become an expert on Samsara’s product portfolio of complete Internet of Things (“IoT”) solutions combining hardware, software, and cloud to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across multiple industries.
- Technical Troubleshooting: Use your technical knowledge and product expertise to troubleshoot and resolve customer issues with medium to high complexity.
- Responsiveness & Resolution: Respond to customers and resolve their inquiries in a timely and helpful manner with a primary focus on meeting our SLA goals.
- Documentation: Partner with Enablement to author and maintain customer-facing knowledge base articles to help improve the self-servisablity for our end users.
- Partnerships: Work closely to develop partnerships with our Engineering and Product teams in order to reproduce bugs and build testbeds as necessary.
- Feedback Loop: Provide direct feedback to Support management for product and process improvements to help enhance the customer experience.
- Team Player: Be a champion of Samsara’s cultural values: Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, and Have a Growth Mindset.
An ideal candidate has:
- B.S. in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or other technical field
- 2-5 years of experience in support, engineering, or other technical role
- Network certifications: CCNA; CCNP( preferred); Network+, or similar certs
- Deep Understanding of the following TCP/IP; DHCP; ONVIF; RTSP; Ethernet/Cabling (Ethernet); POE (802.3at, 802.3bt);NTP;801.11; DNS; TLS; POE
- Strong familiarity with using CRMs like Zendesk or Salesforce
- Experience with industrial systems, electronics, tinkering with cars, or similar hands-on work is a big plus
- Technical know-how - you’re comfortable interfacing with engineers, translating complex technical concepts into everyday language, and working with SaaS systems
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to influence individual contributors and leaders across the company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, you can speak both Engineer and Human.
- Strong bias for action, ability to dive deep, and insistence on the highest standards
- Ability to work in a hyper growth environment with shifting priorities
- Willingness to work flexible hours during nights and weekends is preferred
- In depth understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts (VLANs, IP protocols, topologies, cabling) specifically in Linux environments
- Previous experience with IP Cameras and CCTV/Security networks and installs are a plus.
- Configure, install and troubleshoot routers, firewalls, switches, and other various network appliances.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. Learn more about our approach to Flexible Workplaces here.