Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage.
Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
About the role:
Samsara’s Enterprise Customer Success team advises and guides our largest customers, ensuring they adopt Samsara and continuously gain business value from our products. We are the trusted point of contact for Samsara’s strategic customers throughout their lifecycle: onboarding, adoption, advocacy, and renewal.
As the manager of the Technical Solutions Engineers, you will oversee the post-sale team responsible for ensuring technical deployments are designed well, launched, and running reliably for our most strategic customers. Our team spans across the connected operations platform, from telematics, asset tracking, site visibility, and industrial. This means that our engineers’ customer projects can vary significantly -- some may be advising on software integrations, some are focused on getting their network infrastructure set up for connected camera systems, some may need support with industrial hardware consultation (e.g., I/O, reading wiring diagrams) and configuration setup, etc.
This team works very closely with many different stakeholders inside Samsara. If you enjoy working with people from other functions, such as Engineering, Product, Support, and more, this team is for you!
In this role, you will:
- Hire, onboard, coach and develop strong talent
- Mentor engineers on your team by providing code reviews, guiding them through architecture decisions, and more
- Contribute to projects as well - we are looking for a hands on manager who is excited to also work on our interesting challenges anywhere from internal data pipelines to API architecture design
- Work closely with Engineering, Product, Implementation, Ongoing Engagement, Sales, and Marketing teams. You will be the main point of contact for senior leadership across both functions and new product lines.
- Identify and implement process-improvement opportunities
- Lead from the front with a willingness to get hands dirty
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of experience managing a technical team
- Experience working on large-scale enterprise software applications
- Strong programming/coding fundamentals in modern language(s)
- Interest in or understanding of CAN bus, ROC, Modbus, and other industrial protocols; and basic knowledge of cellular networks
- AWS knowledge and expertise
- Clearly and efficiently articulate technical matters with a variety of internal and external audiences
- Genuine excitement for software and hardware products and can speak comfortably about how they work
- Strong priority management and high emotional intelligence - this is a demanding position with high internal visibility
- Proven track record of building trust and communicating effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders: executives, Product and Engineering leadership, day-to-day users of our software
- Passion for going above and beyond the call of duty, taking initiative, and thriving in a fast-paced, change-heavy environment
- Diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues
- Strong bias for action, the ability to think big, with insistence on high standards
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.