Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
Samsara’s Enterprise Customer Success team advises and guides our largest customers, ensuring they adopt Samsara and continuously gain business value from our products. We are the trusted point of contact for Samsara’s strategic customers throughout their lifecycle: onboarding, adoption, advocacy, and renewal.
In this role, you will be part of our Implementation team, responsible for helping our largest Enterprise customers deploy and adopt our IoT solutions for their fleet and industrial assets. Picking up where our sales teams leave off, you will own the customer relationship and ensure a successful deployment of Samsara's solution. Your customers span the entire range of businesses that power our economy, including trucking and transportation, food and beverage, passenger transit, utilities, school buses, and many others. All the while building relationships with the customer, helping them learn our system, and overall ensuring a successful customer relationship.
Your role will be cross-functional in nature, working alongside and connecting Sales, Support, Sales Engineering and Product, enabling you to experience multiple aspects of a fast-growing company from within.
This role requires exceptional customer-facing communication skills, the ability to quickly understand a customer's business, and comfort explaining technology products to both executives and day-to-day users. In addition to this, you will champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
In this role, you will:
- Be on the front-lines and ensure our customers increase the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of their operations with our IoT platform
- Manage the deployment of Samsara technology to large-scale customers, enabling customers to achieve quick time to value in their investment
- Create launch plans and a roadmap to increase product usage
- Track implementation progress, participation, product adoption, and account health
- Run training sessions, demonstrate Samsara’s technology, and work through challenges with executives and day-to-day users of the system across numerous use cases
- Juggle multiple customer engagements in parallel and work cross-functionally to deliver an exceptional experience for our customers.
- Deeply understand the Samsara platform’s capabilities and explain them to customers of all types
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 6+ years of experience in strategic consulting, technology implementation, customer success or account management. Enterprise SaaS experience preferred.
- This is a demanding position with high internal visibility, that requires strong priority management and high emotional intelligence
- Experience supporting or working with technical products
- Excellent consultative skills with experience in end to end system implementations
- Proven track record of building trust and communicating effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders: executives, Product and Engineering leadership, day-to-day users of our software
- Diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year institution
An ideal candidate also has:
- Strong bias for action, the ability to think big, with an insistence on high standards
- Experience serving a large and complex customer base in B2B SaaS
- Thrives in an unstructured, fast-paced, and change-heavy environment
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.