Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage.
Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
About this role:
Our Samsara Recruiting team has helped scale the company to over 1000+ employees. We are looking for a dynamic leader to support our Research & Development Org. This individual will be responsible for leading the team with the mission of bringing in the right talent at the right time. Specifically, this will include delivering innovative programs for inclusive recruiting, improving our recruiting infrastructure and operations at scale, and making Samsara’s brand become even stronger as we continue to grow. We want someone who is strong at systems thinking, expanding our talent brand, and knows how to make us more efficient at scale. Hiring is at the core of what will drive Samsara’s future success.
You will operate as a member of our people leadership team and report to our VP, Recruiting.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a high-performing recruiting team: Hire, develop, and lead a team of high performing managers, and individual contributors across full-cycle recruiting. Embody our Samsara Leadership principles.
- Drive diversity initiatives for the company & execute on hiring goals: Execute on quarterly hiring goals with a focus on acquiring top diverse talent to meet our current and future hiring needs.
- Partner on departmental talent strategy: Regularly manage pipeline activity and maintain data integrity, and proactively share data-centric updates with internal stakeholders.
- Inspire operational excellence: Manage KPI achievement and tracking for team.
- Be a culture champion: Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
An ideal candidate has:
- 10+ years of experience in talent acquisition with experience in private and public companies
- Minimum 5+ years of people management experience; demonstrated ability to coach, empower, and develop talent
- Ability to build credibility at all levels of the organization
- Passion for building a diverse team
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Proven ability to design and communicate clear processes, and a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving
- Strong point of view on how diversity and inclusion play a key role in a company’s success, track record of leading teams to achieve diversity recruiting goals, and proven success working with internal and external partners
- Strong bias for action and not afraid to “roll up your sleeves”
- BA/BS degree
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.