Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage.
Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
About the role:
Our Customer Success Managers pick up where our Implementation team leaves off, working closely with our customers to understand their fleet and unique challenges, advising on how to customize Samsara for their needs, and becoming their long-term partner.
Your role will be cross-functional in nature, working alongside and connecting Sales, Support, Sales Engineering and Product, enabling you to experience multiple aspects of a hyper-growth company from within.
In this role, you will:
- Be on the front-lines and ensure our customers increase the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of their operations with our IoT platform
- Compose joint success plans with customers, outlining their objectives, metrics, timelines, and effectively removing any barriers to achieving business value
- Orchestrate renewal-focused business reviews with our customers where we look back at past successes and align on upcoming goals
- Deeply understand the Samsara platform’s capabilities and explain them to businesses of all types - field services, utilities, long-haul transportation, school buses, and many more.
- Mitigate escalations and resolve customer issues
- Be a champion, role model, and will embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 2+ years of experience in a Customer Success, account management, or consulting role. SaaS experience preferred.
- Experience supporting or working with technical products
- Solutions-oriented with strong problem solving skills
- Passion for going above and beyond the call of duty, taking initiative, and thriving in a fast-paced, change-heavy environment
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year institution
An ideal candidate also has:
- Strong bias for standardization & automation, the ability to think big, with insistence on high standards
- Thrives in a fast-paced and change-heavy environment
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.