Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage.
Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
About this role:
Samsara is looking for a Principal People Partner to partner with and support our Corporate teams. This is a Director level/equivalent role. This role will partner with the CFO, CMO, CIO and General Counsel in supporting and growing their teams. We are looking for highly collaborative, execution-focused individuals who will dig deep into how to support the business at scale (culture, leadership practices, organization, programs, among others). With our high growth, we are constantly looking for ways to develop and support our leaders so all Samsarians have an engaging employee experience while driving outsized business impact. The ideal candidate will bring creative and effective ideas and solutions to a growing organization.
In this role, you will:
- Establish yourself as a trusted and reliable partner for the leaders and employees in your organization
- Work closely with leaders and managers to understand and conceptualize their specific business, organizational and people situations
- Deliver targeted solutions and recommendations with a focus on scale and growth, using an analytical and fact-based approach
- Assume shared responsibility for the organizational and cultural health of the region and the effectiveness of its leadership team(s)
- Provide strategic business partnership, thought partnership, and coaching to all levels of the organization
- Collaboratively partner with regional people partners to understand and raise regional priorities, and partner on execution of people priorities
- Proactively assess team, manager, organizational development needs, make recommendations, and implement appropriate solutions
- Provide advice and guidance on varying employee topics and issues
- Work closely with our Employee Relations Partners, supporting employee relations issues as needed
- Drive and support cyclical people programs
- Participate and lead projects as an integral member of the People Operations team. This role sits on the extended People Leadership team
Minimum requirements for this role:
- BA/BS degree in HR, Business Administration, Psychology, communication or other related discipline
- 10+ years of HR business partnering experience supporting senior leaders or management consulting
- A combination of HR experience in the following areas: Organizational design, succession planning, performance management, diversity and inclusion, business consulting, compensation and rewards, recognition programs, culture keeper, employee engagement, coaching and development, talent acquisition, data analysis, and employee relations.
- Demonstrated solid judgment and experience assessing risk relative to the business
- Propensity to thrive in ambiguity and grey area
- Strong bias for action and not afraid to “roll up your sleeves”
- Experience using data to identify insights that drive action
- Experience helping global and/or matrixed organizations scale
- Effective communication and critical thinking skills
- Consulting, coaching and facilitation skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, iterative environment, open to changes in focus and direction.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Masters or MBA
- Experience working in a technology environment
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.