Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
The team is responsible for working on the embedded software for the Samsara connected sites products, which includes cameras and AI processing algorithms. The candidate will be working on product firmware working closely with the machine learning team and productizing the algorithm.
In this role, you will:
- Develop Gstreamer pipelines written in C++ to connect to and stream real-time video
- Implement and manage pre-processing of video to optimize performance of deep learning models
- Work with state of the art deep learning frameworks to deploy object detection models for inference
- Test and optimize GStreamer pipelines to maximize hardware performance
- Help to build, automate and customize deep learning training and inference environments
- Work with Nvidia Deepstream SDK, TensorRT, Nvidia Docker, Kubernetes and Helm Charts
- Write and optimize GStreamer plugins to manipulate video and image data
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Experience with GStreamer
- Experience with C, C++, Golang
- Experience with some of the following: RTSP streaming, OpenCV, Deepstream SDK, TensorRT, Nvidia, Helm Charts
- Experience with Linux command line tools
- Knowledge of GPU hardware and performance testing
- Experience with VMS and DVR/NVR
- 6 years of experience working on linux based embedded systems
- Bachelors or masters in computer science engineering or similar
An ideal candidate also:
- Thrives in an environment that requires rapid deployment and product iteration based on customer feedback.
- Evaluates how decisions at each layer of the stack affect other layers and the customer experience.
- Builds production ready products with design for test mindset.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks. Review all of Samsara's benefit programs at rewards.samsara.com.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.