Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage.
Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
About the role:
Samsara is seeking a Salesforce Architect, who will play a strategic role in continuing to enable Samsara’s continued hypergrowth. Working closely with a senior leadership team that has successfully built and exited a billion-dollar business, you will develop tools to help scale our revenue-generating operations and increase sales efficiency. In this role, you will provide scalable architecture solutions to our sales team, sales leaders, other senior business stakeholders, developers, and engineering teams. You will be responsible for Samsara s CRM architecture, vision, strategy, and roadmap. This position is based in our San Francisco HQ.
In this role, you will:
- Work on Samara’s CRM and integrations with other key business systems
- Partner with Sales, Customer Success, Finance, Marketing and Customer Support business stakeholders to understand requirements, develop strategies to meet architecture/technology needs and provide technical design documents for implementation
- Be hands-on with all aspects of our technical CRM operations, including responsibility for code reviews, managing deployments to production, as well as setting and upholding standards for DevOps and CI/CD process, performance, system updates, releases and security requirements
- Manage in-house/external developers, track small to large initiatives from initiation through post-launch
- Communicate regularly on program/project plans, progress, blockers, and risks to cross-functional stakeholders, sponsors, and vendors
- Provide support for a diverse and rapidly growing user base
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 7+ years of SFDC Enterprise Salesforce Architecture experience across multiple clouds; Sales (including CPQ) and Community are required. Service and Revenue cloud a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or a related discipline. Additional certifications a plus
- One or more Salesforce certifications (preference for Platform Developer II, Technical Architect)
- 7+ years of hands-on experience with developer console and writing SOQL/SOSL queries
- Expert understanding of Salesforce Governor Limits and Code Coverage, Salesforce Standard Objects and associated business processes; experience with Salesforce CPQ, Netsuite, and Marketo are a plus
- Experience migrating Salesforce from Classic to Lightning interface and working in a mixed environment
- Experience with data integrity, data quality, data migration and data maintenance
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.