Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage.
Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
About the role:
Samsara is a fast-paced, creative, and customer-oriented tech company with a growing presence in Mexico. We are looking for an Accounting Manager to lead and continue to build our Accounting team in Mexico. The role is responsible for the operational and technical accounting to support our business initiatives across Mexico and Central America and will drive cross-border projects, develop best practice in processes, policies, and contribute to the controllership on an international level. As a seasoned Accounting professional, this person will possess a strong understanding of US GAAP and local statutory and tax reporting requirements and be an expert in intercompany & consolidation accounting processes.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading satellite offices in Mexico and the region, be proficient with data and systems, and will serve as a strategic thinker who can drive results.
In this role, you will:
- Represent the Accounting team in Mexico.
- Own aspects of the monthly, quarterly, and annual closes while implementing and maintaining adequate mechanisms and forums for reviews, decision making and escalations with finance partners and management.
- Evaluate of technical accounting considerations, regulatory compliance, and system requirements relating to new business activities.
- Have extensive experience with managing inventory and related accounting processes.
- Lead and drive various meetings with senior management on key financial statement areas.
- Drive standardization and continuous improvement of processes and controls to obtain the highest integrity of financial reporting (US, local GAAP, and management reporting)—including partnering with appropriate stakeholders, for a successful end-to-end approach to reporting.
- Deliver functional projects on a cross-country level, such as implementing best accounting/ controllership practices to enhance and deepen the control environment.
- Ensure that the Accounting activities are aligned with the parent company.
- Oversee all aspects of local financial reporting and related compliance (including e-invoicing requirements).
- Influence and articulate accounting/ finance terminology to the non-finance community.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Demonstrable experience in relevant accounting roles.
- Must hold CPA / ACCA / ACA / CIMA or equivalent certification and knowledge of various GAAP accounting rules.
- Solid understanding of the concepts of control design and operational efficiency.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven track record of sound decision making, taking ownership and delivering results in a leadership role.
- Must have worked in an organization of similar size and scope.
- Ability to dive deep into data, existing processes, people and technology challenges in order to identify issues and opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects.
- Track record of having earned the trust of a leadership team by challenging norms, upgrading team performance, enabling growth, and improving efficiency.
- Fluent English required (verbal/written).
- Consolidation and foreign currency matter experience preferred.
- Experience with Netsuite preferred.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.