Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage.
Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
About the role:
Our customers rely on Samsara to comply with the workplace safety requirements established by the Department of Transportation (DoT/FMCSA) to help create a safer work environment for drivers, and make it easier and faster to accurately track, manage, and share records of duty status (RODS) data. Our ELD (Electronic Logging Device) synchronizes with the vehicle engine to automatically record driving time, for easier, more accurate hours of service (HOS) recording. The Product Support Engineer for ELD Compliance will provide support for customers who use our ELD solution for compliance with ELD regulations.
In this role, you will:
- Identify and resolve complex issues related to our ELD compliance solution for post-sales customers within the Mobile App, Dashboard, and ELD products
- Analyze support trends and partner with the Product team to improve the customer experience
- Provide technical support for audits & inspections in collaboration with our Escalations, Product and Legal teams
- Serve as a subject matter expert and educator to our global customer support team
- Lead post-mortem analyses to identify learnings, root cause, systematic patterns that need attention, improvement opportunities and relevant trends
- Work closely with engineering to reproduce bugs and build tests as necessary
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 4+ years of experience in a highly regulated environment or working on a highly regulated product
- 3+ years of experience in a technical role, preferably in a cross functional capacity
- Familiarity with data analytics tools such as Databricks and Tableau
- Experience with querying languages (e.g. SQL) and scripting languages (e.g. Python)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical discipline such as computer science or software engineering
An ideal candidate also has:
- Familiarity with ELD related rules and regulations
- Technical know-how - you’re comfortable interfacing with engineers, translating complex technical concepts into everyday language, and working with SaaS systems
- Executive presence & communication - you have excellent written and verbal communication skills tailored to a senior leadership audience
- Leadership without authority - you have the strong project management skills necessary to prioritize, delegate, and drive action across departments
- Operational urgency - you have hands-on experience delivering business results under tight timelines
- Levelheadedness - you’re confident and calm amidst high pressure situations
- Fluency in Spanish is a big plus
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.