Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
We are seeking a business-savvy storyteller to help us drive awareness, generate demand, and enhance prospects’ engagement with Samsara. The right candidate for this role is a strong writer and collaborative editor who brings creativity, project management, and a results-driven mindset to the table.
At Samsara, the content marketing team takes pride in delivering practical and valuable information to help our customers succeed. In this role, you will work cross-functionally to shape the narrative of our core solutions and bring our stories to life.
In this role, you will:
- Writing high-quality, thought-provoking content in various formats: videos, webinars, whitepapers, e-books, research reports, blog posts, SEO articles, and more.
- Executing content projects from start to finish, including:
- Project management (kickoff, timelines, review).
- Writing, researching (i.e. SEO keywords or subject matter), and editing content.
- Managing internal stakeholder input to ensure quality and alignment.
- Ensuring a robust distribution strategy for each content asset
- Providing editorial expertise and content best practices to cross-functional partners across the marketing organization.
- Creating content for an enterprise, executive audience that will capture and keep attention.
- Track key metrics for content marketing success; regularly evaluate how content is performing in terms of views, keyword rankings, conversions, etc.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- BA in journalism, English, communications, or related field
- 3+ years of proven content marketing experience, specifically executing a program to build awareness and deliver qualified leads
- Samples of engaging marketing materials such as web page content, e-books, blog posts, case studies, videos, infographics, emails, etc.
- Experience with SEO best practices and keyword research is a plus.
- Strong work ethic, team-player mentality, and experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment managing multiple workstreams end-to-end
- Excellent copyediting, communication & project management skills
- Experience using analytics to determine impact and effectiveness of content programs. Preferred experience with content and web analytics tools (i.e. Google Analytics, Salesforce, Clearbit)
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. Learn more about our approach to Flexible Workplaces here.