Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage.
Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
About the Role
We are seeking a business-savvy storyteller to help us drive awareness, generate demand, and enhance prospects’ engagement with Samsara. The right candidate for this role is an exceptional writer and editor who brings creative vision, strong project management, and a results-driven mindset to the table.
At Samsara, the content marketing team takes pride in delivering practical and valuable information to help our customers succeed. In this role, you will work cross-functionally to shape the narrative of our core solutions and bring our stories to life.
The Sr. Content Marketing Manager will work on:
- Generating ideas and writing high-quality, thought-provoking content in various formats: videos, webinars, whitepapers, e-books, research reports, blog posts, SEO articles, and more.
- Executing content projects from start to finish, including:
- Project management (kickoff, timelines, review).
- Writing, researching (i.e. SEO keywords or subject matter), and editing content.
- Managing internal stakeholder input to ensure quality and alignment.
- Ensuring a robust distribution strategy for each content asset
- Providing editorial expertise and content best practices to cross-functional partners across the marketing organization.
- Developing a blog strategy (from nurturing an audience to building a bench of guest bloggers) informed by best practices and experience.
- Creating content for an enterprise, executive audience that will capture and keep attention.
- Researching and testing new content formats and channels to increase brand awareness and generate inbound leads.
- Defining and tracking key metrics for content marketing success; regularly evaluate how content is performing in terms of views, keyword rankings, conversions, etc.
- BA in journalism, English, communications, or related field
- 5-7+ years of proven content marketing experience, specifically executing a program to build awareness and deliver qualified leads
- Samples of engaging marketing materials such as web page content, e-books, blog posts, case studies, videos, infographics, emails, etc.
- Experience with SEO best practices. Preferred experience with SEO tools (i.e. Ahrefs, SEMRush, Google Search Console, etc.)
- Strong work ethic, team-player mentality, and experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment managing multiple workstreams end-to-end
- Excellent copyediting, communication & project management skills
- Experience using analytics to determine impact and effectiveness of content programs. Preferred experience with content and web analytics tools (i.e. Google Analytics, Salesforce, Clearbit)
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.