Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage.
Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
About the role:
We are looking for a commercially astute Senior Manager, Collections with a demonstrable track record of working in fast-paced environments and experience of change management, process re-engineering, and spear-heading multiple projects. The Senior Manager, Collections will be instrumental to ensuring our receivables are appropriately managed, strategizing with customers and partners on payment plans, and providing insights to senior leaders on our collections.This person would facilitate ongoing process and system improvements to scale with growth and ensuring high customer experience and NPS. This role provides a great opportunity to demonstrate leadership skills in building and challenging a high performing team and managing with metrics. This person will lead a large team of billing specialists in our Mexico office.
The Senior Manager, Collections will be responsible for leading internal and external finance functions directly working with our customers so must be passionate about serving and helping our customers. This role will interface frequently with various finance teams (Corporate Accounting Teams, FP&A, and Treasury) as well as cross-functional departments (Operations, Sales Operations, Customer Success). The business is experiencing an exciting period of growth and transformation. The successful candidate will report to the Senior Director, Order to Cash and work closely with the other order-to-cash leaders to drive business performance, and assist in the cash collection, and AR management of a high growth SaaS startup.
In this role you will:
- Develop internal processes and standard operating procedures & SLAs for different scenarios
- Manage the transactional collections team; ensuring work is completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Develop a structured approach to identify potential billing issues and develop a scalable resolution process
- Manage communication process with customers to resolve billing and collection issues while ensuring a great customer experience
- Manage the team with KPIs to ensure they are in line with established SLAs
- Work with partner teams (e.g. sales, operations, accounting, support) to change processes as needed
- Forecast and report expected bad debt write-offs and collections information to the Strategic Finance and Treasury teams. Partner to hit our quarterly receivables and cash in-flow targets
- Build a high-performing team, develop roles and responsibilities for the team and structure them for success
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 7+ years of progressive experience working in a role that required a mix of analytics/process improvement and stakeholder/customer engagement
- At least 2 years of management experience, additionally proven success in managing third party service providers
- Passion to achieve positive customer experience, while ensuring
- Experience managing a high performing team
- Good attention to detail and results-oriented performance
- Strong analytical skills to manage and report on large volume of data and KPIs
- Strong communicator with an ability to work with customers and stakeholders
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.