Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
The camera vision team will be responsible for developing and delivering cameras for applications used in the vast Samsara ecosystem of applications. The candidate will be integral part of the camera vision team working on safety and fleet management products like Dashcams.
This role can be office-based or fully remote in the US and Canada.
In this role, you will be:
- Responsible for developing and integrating camera offering for Samsara’s dash camera and fleet management system.
- Responsible for integrating core camera imaging features and audio features, by working closely with the SoC vendors and ODM partners.
- Responsible for core camera performance tuning related to image quality, audio quality and machine vision featureset.
- Responsible for working closely with the AI/ML team and other firmware teams to enable safety features for Samsara dash cameras, primarily working on the camera integration and productization of the AI/ML models for our cameras to improve fleet safety.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 5 to 8 years of experience in embedded software development on complex SoC using Linux operating systems or similar.
- Proficient in C or C++ programming language with strong debugging skills on embedded systems.
- Understanding of the camera systems operation of image sensors, 3A algorithms and other image processing algorithms.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in embedded computer vision frameworks and integration of AI/ML models into embedded systems.
- Experience in ADAS embedded system deployment involving cameras.
- Awareness of camera image quality tuning tools & fundamentals. Awareness of audio / video encoding standards.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Additional skills in complex Audio video multimedia systems.
- Experience in the ADAS systems and its associated technical complexity in the field of embedded systems.
- Understands the challenges in productizing computer vision models in edge computing starting with datasets, training the models, integration of the models and deployment to production.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks. Review all of Samsara's benefit programs at rewards.samsara.com.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.