Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage.
Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
About the Role:
We are looking for a pre-sales engineer that will be focused on supporting Sales opportunities in our Enterprise SLED (State, Local, Education Government) sector with a regional focus in Texas and surrounding areas. This person will be an expert in Samsara products, solutions, and integrations particularly as it applies to SLED entities.
This is a field role working alongside our Regional Sales Managers, owning the technical pre-sales for our largest and most strategic prospective customers. As such significant travel is expected in-region.
In this role, you will focus on:
- Partner with sales executives to plan, prepare and execute on strategic deals in complex sales cycles
- Discover customer process and needs, translate that understanding to become a welcomed technical advisor to the customer
- Successfully match customer pain points and requirements to proposed solutions
- Establish customer relationships and earn trust throughout and beyond the sales cycle
- Working in multiple levels of the technology stack
- Hardware deployment and installation (for POCs) in and around vehicles, buildings, and/or equipment
- SaaS dashboard setup and advanced use
- Custom reporting and integrations via our API
- Strong team contributions (technical knowledge, industry knowledge, training, etc.)
An ideal candidate also has:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering discipline, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in a pre-sales technical role (Sales Engineer, Systems Engineer, Solutions Engineer, etc.)
- Proven track record on influencing successful sales opportunities
- Strong technical and business acumen
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with RESTful APIs and / or scripting (Python, etc.) desired
- IoT, hardware gadgets, vehicles, or general tinkering experience (work or hobby) a plus
- Government/SLED, Fleet, Logistics, Supply Chain, Telematics, Manufacturing or general operations background a huge plus
Location: Preferred in-region in Texas
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.