Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage.
Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
About the Role:
Samsara is at the intersection of cloud software, sensor systems, and wireless networks, and seeks passionate Sales Engineers to bring our technology to market. Samsara builds an extensive set of hardware devices, including battery-powered, wireless environmental sensors, Linux-based IoT gateways, and internet-connected dash cameras as well as an intuitive Dashboard and set of APIs for consuming the sensor data. Our Field Sales Engineers work in-region alongside our Regional Sales Managers, owning technical pre-sales for our largest and most strategic prospective customers.
This role is located in the Mid-Atlantic Region.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with sales executives to plan, prepare and execute on strategic deals in complex sales cycles
- Successfully match customer pain points and requirements to proposed solutions
- Establish customer relationships and trust throughout and beyond the sales cycle
- Work in multiple levels of the technology stack
- Deploy and install hardware and installation (for POCs)
- Set up SaaS dashboards
- Manage custom reporting and integrations via our API
- Mentor other SEs on the team
- Provide strong team contributions (technical knowledge, industry knowledge, training, etc.)
An ideal candidate has:
- Minimum 4+ years customer facing pre-sales experience
- Experience with Enterprise sales cycles
- Previous hands-on experience with customer evaluations and deployments
- Consistent track record selling complex solutions
- Well versed in one of the following: cloud software, networking, automation and control systems
- Experience with APIs and / or scripting (Python, etc.) desired
- Tinkering with hardware gadgets, sensors, or vehicles is a plus
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.