Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage.
Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
About the Role:
We are looking for a pre-sales engineer that will be focused on supporting Sales opportunities that require integrations with 3rd party or internal customer software. This person will be an expert in all aspects of integrating with Samsara: Samsara APIs, 3rd party APIs, Systems Integrators, developer tools, out of the box integrations (App Marketplace), Mobile SDK, etc.
This role will be brought into integration conversations pre-sales to help navigate what will be needed to win over the customer as well as set up the deployment for success. This role can be office-based or fully remote in the US and Canada.
In this role, you will focus on:
- API education in pre-sales engagements
- Providing deep expertise on existing integrations in pre-sales engagements
- Driving Samsara professional services where applicable
- Working closely with internal API / Developer Ecosystem product teams to provide feedback from customer engagements and stay up to date on API / Ecosystem developments
- Working with all sales and sales engineering teams to help drive revenue opportunities involving integration needs
- Working closely with Product and Product Marketing to develop enablement resources (internal and customer facing) around API integrations
- Developing relationships and knowledge of 3rd party SIs
- Developing test environments / integration demos for use by the Sales Engineering team in prospect engagements
An ideal candidate also has:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience in a pre-sales technical role (Sales Engineer, Systems Engineer, Solutions Engineer, etc.)
- Strong technical and business acumen
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of various integrations standards and transports (XML, REST, SOAP, EDI, etc.)
- Experience integrating with RESTful APIs between SaaS applications
- Exposure to various SaaS based integrations
- Database (SQL, etc.) experience a plus
- IoT or general tinkering experience (work or hobby) a plus
- Logistics, Supply Chain, Telematics, Manufacturing or general operations background a huge plus
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.