Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage.
Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
About the role:
In this role you will enable cross-functional deal execution, optimize revenue growth and cash flow, mitigate risk and lead a world-class deal desk team. You will work closely with senior leadership across the organization (Sales, Marketing, Legal, Finance) and directly interface with account executives and customers to creatively problem solve and align on mutually beneficial outcomes. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, analytical, thrives in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable thinking in front of senior leadership and customers.
In this role, you will hire and lead a global team including remote and in-office employees based in San Francisco, Atlanta and London.
This role can be office-based or fully remote in the US and Canada.
In this role, you will:
- Facilitate structuring and execution of transactions while optimizing for customer experience, revenue potential, profitability and compliance
- Evaluate deal economics, commercial terms and conditions, operational requirements and non-standard structuring requests
- Mitigate risk through standardized terms and controls, credit policies and application of revenue recognition requirements
- Optimize cash flow by recommending sales incentives and managing external finance and channel partnerships
- Partner with Sales, Marketing, Legal and Finance to ensure a seamless customer experience and continually improve internal processes; champion customer escalations
- Define and utilize clear OKRs to manage the team and guide decision making
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (obsess over customers, build for the long term, adopt a growth mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
An ideal candidate has:
- 10+ years of combined experience in deal desk, finance, sales operations, revenue operations or equivalent roles. Experience in high-growth technology is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to hire, manage and develop talent into a high performing team
- Strong initiative, intellectual curiosity and willingness to take ownership of complex problems
- Ability to work with senior management and enterprise customers, distill key concepts and influence decision making
- Excellent technical, analytical and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Experience in Netsuite and Salesforce preferred
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.