Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage.
Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
About the Role:
Samsara is seeking an experienced and results driven Sales Engineering Director focused on our Global Enterprise business. You should have experience managing and ideally growing a globally dispersed sales engineering team in a high performance environment. Our Sales Engineering team is full of problem solvers and tinkerers who are not afraid to get their hands dirty (literally) and play a critical role in demonstrating and communicating the value of Samsara’s platform with our largest customers.
This role can be office-based or fully remote in the US and Canada.
In this role, you will focus on:
- Hiring, coaching and driving an incredible Global Enterprise Sales Engineering team
- Manage individual and team performance ensuring our partnership with sales, product, support and customer success teams are productive and efficient
- Partner with the head of our Enterprise Sales team to continually improve engagement and processes with our largest prospects
- Work with Regional Sales Directors on account planning, strategy and sales call activity
- Manage escalations (product issues, feature requests, etc.) in a pre-sales environment
- Participate in customer / prospect calls as a trusted advisor and Sr. leadership presence
- Improve onboarding and ongoing training for the Enterprise Sales Engineering team
- Partner with other Sales Engineering leaders to improve the overall Sales Engineering organization at Samsara
- Travel to prospects for onsite meetings as well as participate in EBCs in San Francisco, Atlanta, and London offices as needed.
An ideal candidate also has:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science
- 8+ years of related experience in a technical management role; 5+ years of sales engineering management experience
- Experience with Software Product sales; Infrastructure, SaaS
- Knowledge in one or more of these areas of expertise: IoT, Networking / Security, SaaS, Cloud Technologies, or Physical Security.
- Strong technical and business acumen; MBA is a plus
- Excellent communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to partner with a broad coalition of stakeholders, ranging from sales, product, marketing, support, customer success and from individual contributors to executive team members across the organization
- Demonstrated leadership, creativity, and problem solving abilities
- Understanding of sales methodologies such as MEDDIC
- Strong project management and cross-functional skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.