Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage.
Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
About the role:
At Samsara, we invest in our people and hiring is a team effort that is crucial to our success. We are looking for a talented, experienced Recruiter to partner with our corporate growing teams and continuously develop a robust pipeline of prospective candidates. This team recruiters for departments ranging from technical support, market, business operations, legal, HR and finance. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to grow their skill sets and work with different candidate profiles. Our recruiting team operates at a fast pace while delivering the best in class candidate experience.
In this role, you will:
- Create and implement strategies to solve problems and build diverse pipelines across Samsara’s corporate teams through sourcing, referrals, research, events, and social media
- Find and engage passive candidates through creative sourcing techniques and help them envision life at Samsara
- Effectively manage multiple requisitions and candidates during high volume periods while creating and owning a flawlessly positive candidate experience
- Partner closely with hiring managers to deeply understand their teams and goals
- Identify new ways to build awareness of Samsara in new hiring markets
- Focus on inclusive recruiting practices
- Organize and facilitate interview debriefs and drive offer approval, extension and negotiation
- Identify closing strategies for offers and proactively provide candidates with the appropriate information to help make their decision as easy as possible
- Track pipeline data and provide relevant and consistent updates to hiring managers
- Maintain high attention to detail when entering data into Greenhouse (ATS) and other recruiting tools
- Meet and/or exceed hiring KPI’s
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 3+ year of recruiting experience in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to create, measure, and scale the right workflow between candidates, hiring managers, and the recruiting team
- Proven strategic sourcer and closer
- Team player with an eye for talent who loves connecting people and opportunities
- Able to confidently represent Samsara with professionalism both internally and externally
- Target driven, detail oriented, approachable and able to bring up others around you
- Previous startup experience preferred, and an unwavering ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with Greenhouse or equivalent ATS experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.