Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About This Role:
Samsara’s telematics and dashcam technology helps customers improve the safety of their operations - this has mutual benefits for our customers, as well as their insurance providers. Well structured partnerships can help customers reduce their insurance premiums, while helping Insurance carriers and brokers grow their business profitably. Samsara’s emerging Insurance Partnership program is gaining rapid adoption and has the potential to be a major driver of growth in the years ahead.
As the Director of Global Insurance Partnerships and Programs you will be responsible for building a world-class team of Partner and Program managers, and shaping the future of Samsara’s insurance program to drive sustained rapid growth.
This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial role in which you will work with insurance organizations to create and market scalable programs that benefit both end customers and the insurers, while driving sales and adoption of Samsara technology.
To seize this opportunity, you will hire and motivate top tier talent, drive consistency in our program development, build strong executive relationships with our Insurance partners, and drive cross-functional support within Samsara to make Insurance programs successful and scalable (finance, product, marketing, sales, etc.)
This role can be office-based or fully remote in the US and Canada.
Job function/tactical activities
- Hiring and managing a team of Partnership Managers in North America and EMEA
- Overseeing all aspects of our Insurance programs, establishing and monitoring success metrics, and continuously simplifying the process to drive growth
- Working cross functionally within Samsara to ensure the successful execution of Insurance programs across all key functions (finance, product, marketing, sales, customer success, support, etc.)
- Helping the team develop joint programs with Insurance partners (guiding partners through the process of piloting and launching programs based on our standard approaches to referral, subsidy, and whitelabel programs)
- Establishing standard approaches to co-marketing campaigns with partners
- Developing and executing on internal sales training and certification programs to enable Samsara Account Executives to successfully work with insurance partners
- 10+ years sales or partnership experience with consistent, documented overachievement (in either the technology of insurance sector)
- 5+ years leadership experience
- Strong people management, project management, analytic, and organizational skills
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration and communication skills
- Referenceable experience building, executing and iterating on go-to-market partnerships from the ground-up
- Prior experience in the insurance industry, or working in close partnership with insurance companies, is a major plus
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks. Review all of Samsara's benefit programs at rewards.samsara.com.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.