Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage.
Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
About the role:
The Senior Engineer - Salesforce & CPQ will be responsible for the design and development of flexible and scalable solutions on the Salesforce and CPQ platform. This role requires that you understand Salesforce and CPQ design and development best practices and can apply them to the delivery of business solutions. The Developer will work with technical and cross-functional business teams to implement enhancements, projects, and resolve incidents, and requires a combination of analytical, technical, business acumen, and communication skills.
You will develop tools to help scale our revenue-generating operations and increase sales efficiency. This is a multi-faceted role where you will work multi-functionally with our Sales, Customer success , Product, Growth, Marketing, and Finance teams. This position is open to candidates who are interested in working at our San Francisco HQ or working remotely.
In this role, you will:
- Design and develop secure, scalable technical solutions on the Salesforce and CPQ platform
- Create and collaborate on solution and technical design artifacts, and present and participate in cross-functional review sessions
- Communicate technical solutions and design tradeoffs to Business Applications team members as well as business stakeholders
- Display expertise in Salesforce and CPQ functionality and features, through all interactions on Business Applications projects
- Provide technical support for new projects, enhancements, and bug fixes related to solutions being delivered on the Salesforce & CPQ platform.
- Work with Business system analysts to design & implement end to end automations
- Partner with Sales Ops, Finance, Growth and implementation partners to build and deploy Salesforce CPQ configuration automations.
- Analyze business processes to identify inefficiencies and critical metrics
- Lead engagement with business contacts on requirements and design analysis
- Evaluate existing code and develop plans to reduce technical debt over time and establishing technical roadmap with system architects
- Maintain and optimize full lifecycle software development using standard configuration, Apex, VisualForce, LWC, API’s, CPQ and Force.com applications
- Coordinate and collaborate with other developers and team members to obtain requirements, develop solution design, manage UATs and post go-live activities
- Establish best practices and standards for well designed, testable, efficient code with high quality
- Participate in peer reviewing and debugging existing source code and resolve support requests for existing environments
- Mentor, develop and train Junior developers
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Salesforce Developer Certification (PD2 current)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years in Salesforce development/administration experience with extensive knowledge of Sales Cloud, Apex, VisualForce, LWC and Force.com tools and applications
- 2+ years of designing, configuring and developing on Salesforce CPQ platform
- Experience with Python, with an emphasis on interacting with Salesforce APIs
- Web services experience preferred (REST, SOAP)
- Familiarity with integration applications such as Mulesoft preferred
- Self-starter, self-motivated, able to work independently, prioritize effectively, and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision
- Experience working in sales cloud and communities.
- Experience in contributing to setting up CI/CD pipeline using Metadata APIs and Jenkins.
- Experience in agile development methodology
- Familiarity with Apex Enterprise Design Patterns (fflib) is plus
- Excellent communication skills and proven success in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Experience designing test plans, performing unit testing, and writing test classes to ensure proper code coverage
- Strong problem solving skills
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.