Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
Samsara is looking to hire a Senior Compliance Manager who will be responsible for Safety, and Functional Safety certification processes of various electrical and electronic equipment. This person will lead all hardware compliance activities required to launch multiple product lines worldwide. The position requires
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with engineering, JDM partners, regulatory bodies and external labs to determine the applicable regulations and standards for new and existing products
- Manage suppliers and testing labs to draft compliance requirements, monitor test status, and drive tests to completion.
- Partner with JDMs to drive critical compliance deliverables to enable project completion.
- Work with hardware team and testing labs to review for safety and compliance considerations
- Ensure product requirement documents are clearly defined and well-understood across engineering teams (firmware, electrical, mechanical)
- Track progress and cost. Communicate, and escalate issues as appropriate throughout the development cycle.
- Demonstrate ability to understand changes during product life cycle and its impact on product certifications.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or similar technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience in hardware development
- 3+ years of experience dealing in regulatory processes
- Demonstrated experience with U.S. and international product compliance regulations (e.g. FCC, CE, NOM, IFETEL) and product safety standards (e.g. UL, C1D2, ATEX)
- Experience managing multiple projects with industry certifications (BT-SiG, PTCRB, GCF) and carrier certifications (ATT TRENDI, Verizon).
- Hands on experience with Cellular (3G, 4G, LTE, etc.) and wireless technologies like WLAN, BT, 802.11
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience handling product compliance, submitting products for global approvals, and obtaining certifications
- Experience and success delivering in a fast-paced development environment
- Knowledge of electronics and mechanical design and safety
- Experience overseeing all product-safety aspects of a device’s design from the initial concept to worldwide sale
- Experience documenting technical requirements extracted from standards
- Experience working with third-party labs or similar
- Experience working with Asia-based development and manufacturing partners and test labs
- Ability to remain flexible, calm, and creative in the face of uncertainty
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.