Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
We are a fast-paced, creative, and customer-oriented team with employees in San Francisco, Atlanta, and London. We are looking for an Operations Program Manager to aid in establishing and maintaining our 3PL and daily operations in Mexico. This role is based in San Francisco.
This position will require an individual with demonstrated skills in 3PL management, cross-border shipments, and demand planning. This opportunity requires an individual who has proven project management skills, exemplary problem-solving skills, and ability to maintain composure in a rapidly evolving environment. Candidates must be able to thrive in a highly driven atmosphere while juggling multiple priorities, as well as quickly master new skills, procedures, and systems, with an overall desire to contribute to company growth.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the establishment of 3PL operations in Mexico
- Manage daily fulfillment and reverse operations for our Mexico orders
- Understanding of Supply and Demand using data from different CRM and ERP.
- Coordinate projects and manages priorities with cross functional teams to drive operational efficiency for Mexico and across the company
- Create scalable structure, process and documentations for all Mexico operations
- Serve as the subject matter expert with Mexico operations, provide high level reporting to create and implement scalable solutions
- Working knowledge of customs and regulations (NOMS, IEFTL, commercial invoices, Incoterms, etc) that pertain specifically to import/export with the USA and certain Asian countries.
- Experience in working with Importers, freight forwarders, and government customs agencies.
- Handle requests relative to the transportation of cargo and costs
- Have the ability to calculate import/export cost ie( duties, taxes, VAT, etc)
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 5-10 years of experience as an Operations Project Manager, or experience in a relevant field
- 2 years experience managing 3PL
- Experience managing cross-border shipments
- Proficient in Spanish speaking and written communication
- CRM (Salesforce) & ERP (Oracle/Netsuite) experience preferred
- Zendesk experience a plus
- Microsoft Office/Gsuite experience required
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.