Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About this role:
We are seeking a Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Manager to join our Safety and Physical Security team based in San Francisco. This is a high-visibility and highly impactful role that is directly accountable for building an effective and efficient GSOC. The GSOC focus is on physical security and incident prevention and management related to key security operational areas including offices, events, travel safety and other security initiatives. In this position, you will work closely with Workplace, Information Security, People Operations, Legal, and other key teams to keep people, assets and operations safe & secure.
In this role, you will:
- Manage, monitor, and guide the day-to-day activities and job performance of 24/7 vendor-provided guard force.
- Manage implementation of COVID-19-related visitor management and screening measures.
- Direct the GSOC as it functions as the department's hub for the monitoring, analysis, and interpretation of risks and threats that may affect the business globally.
- Provide timely and accurate information on emerging threats, risks, and life, safety and security incidents to the Head of Safety & Security, so informed decisions can be made to protect company personnel, assets, reputation and business operations.
- Identify and explore new system technology to ensure that GSOC systems are optimized and are operating efficiently.
- Develop training and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for personnel assigned to the GSOC to facilitate effective performance.
- Develop procedures and protocols, enabling timely and effective responses to and management of incidents, alarms, notifications, calls, and other activities related to the GSOC and its role as a central alarm monitoring station.
- Overseeing design to installation process of access control systems and other security related devices, systems, and equipment.
- Manage traveler safety and security program to evaluate high risk destinations, monitoring travel for risks, and supporting travel emergencies.
An ideal candidate has:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in both technical and administrative aspects of physical security operations, best practices, guard force management.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment while prioritizing and providing a high-level of engagement with various partners.
- Technically familiar with using web-based programs such as those for access control systems, visitor management, camera surveillance, communication tools (i.e. Slack), and must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Presentation and writing skills required, in addition to soft-skills including interpersonal skills, problem-solving, communication, adaptability, and growth-oriented.
- Understanding of metrics collection and analysis.
- Understanding of basic physical security risks and threats.
- Ability to manage and train a guard force and demonstrate effective communications skills.
- Must have experience with security systems scaled at an enterprise level (access control, video surveillance, situational awareness, case management, dispatch, radio).
- You should also have experience in Incident Response/Crisis Management both at a program level and tactical level.
- You should be a great program manager; willing and able to roll up your sleeves and get into the details of every project.
- Ability and willingness to be on call 24/7 to respond to company-related security emergencies.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice except for employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work remotely through June 2021 from any US state or country in which they have a valid work authorization. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen except for field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.