Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage.
Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
About the Role:
Samsara is looking for an experienced Incident & Escalation Manager to join our Global Technical Support organization to provide white-glove service, technical support, and executive level communications to our customers. You will support customers involved in time sensitive incidents and manage their overall experience by collaborating closely with customer stakeholders as well as Samsara’s Sales, Customer Success, Technical Support, Product Management, and Engineering teams. You will be part of the Premier Support Team within the umbrella of the Global Technical Support organization.
We are looking for a candidate with exemplary executive level communication skills and a solid track record of managing high-priority incidents and projects to produce successful outcomes for our customer base. A successful candidate will be a creative problem solver with a passion for superb white-glove service and customer devotion.
In this role, you will focus on:
- Single Point of Contact: Managing the lifecycle of an escalated incident including, but not limited to, acting as the single point of contact for the customer, impact analysis, internal stakeholder coordination and communication, and escalation closure.
- Cross-Functional Partnerships: Building strong working relationships with key stakeholders across Customer Success, Engineering, Product and Sales, focused on fostering efficient collaboration and driving down resolution times.
- Process Development: Developing, implementing and coordinating key post escalation processes such as post incident reviews, post mortems, trend analysis and other key continuous improvement activities in conjunction with the Support Operations team.
- Best Practices: Establishing and maintaining escalation SOP’s in accordance with industry standards and best practices.
- Reporting & Analysis: Building and monitoring escalation KPIs and relevant reporting to ensure support continues to provide the best internal and customer experience possible for escalated incidents.
- Executive Reviews: Driving and managing incident review meetings focused on critical/major escalations with senior leadership.
- 3+ years of incident management and/or escalation management experience in fast paced software/technology environments (SaaS/PaaS/IoT).
- Demonstrated project management experience with an ability to influence stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes.
- Exceptional judgement in high pressure scenarios, and ability to make timely decisions from both business and technical standpoints.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate customer issues in a meaningful way to both technical and business audiences at various levels of seniority.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and receptive listening skills.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships cross-functionally to drive effective teamwork and communication.
- Experience working with tooling including ticketing systems such as Zendesk and Salesforce, and dashboard tools such as Zendesk Explore and Tableau.
An ideal candidate has:
- B.S. in Communications, Business, or Engineering discipline
- 5+ years of Technical Support and/or Support Services related experience with a proven track record of delivering business value and improvement.
- High levels of emotional intelligence (EQ), empathy, proactivity, and the ability to advocate for both clients and internal teams alike, continuously striving for mutually-beneficial solutions.
- Strong bias for action, ownership, ability to dive deep, and insistence on the highest standards
- Ability to work in a hyper growth environment with shifting priorities
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.