Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About this role:
Samsara is looking for a smart, ambitious Supply Chain Program Manager to influence our rapidly growing product lines for the long-term. This role is the interface between key technology industries and internal product teams. In addition to enabling new product launches, they are responsible for building sustainable supply strategies, managing engineering changes and influencing product innovations based on technological developments. Candidates must have an interest in market dynamics, negotiation and pricing, manufacturing processes, and risk mitigation. This role will be based in our SF office when we reopen in July 2021.
In this role, you will:
- Own direct management of new product introduction (NPI) launches and operational implementation
- Own cross-functional oversight for engineering changes during sustaining operations
- Drive cost, quality and responsiveness throughout Samsara’s increasingly complex supply chain
- Develop a deep understanding of Samsara’s vendor base in order to anticipate industry trends and track competitive forces
- Identify changes in buyer and supplier power within core materials and technology markets and use industry dynamics to Samsara’s advantage
- Negotiate optimal terms for sourcing to ensure supply continuity while maintaining quality
- Work collaboratively across multiple Samsara organizations to roll out new products within aggressive timeframes
- Actively consolidate supply chain insights for senior leadership decision-making
- Communicate the impact of manufacturing process value optimization, cost opportunities and risks, market intelligence and international dynamics to influence Samsara’s product roadmap
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Positive attitude in a rapidly changing environment with ambiguous information
- Concise communication skills
- Desire to build relationships with multiple cross-functional teams
- Experience and drive to engage in complex negotiations
- Intellectual curiosity with an ability to learn quickly
- Passion for technology and operations
- Willingness to travel internationally (10 - 20%)
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS + 8 years of experience, masters degree or MBA is a plus
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice except for employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work remotely through June 2021 from any US state or country in which they have a valid work authorization. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen except for field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.