Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
The Product Operations team enables our Product teams to build and deliver best-in-class products that delight our customers, and to do so in a way that is efficient, effective and scalable. This is achieved through owning the strategy and execution across 3 distinct areas -- PM experience and talent management, product development and cross-functional operational excellence, and product tools.
We are looking for an experienced candidate to lead our Operational Excellence initiatives. The ideal candidate brings a unique blend of strong strategic and operational / execution skills. They are a structured, data-driven problem solver, and enjoy rolling up their sleeves and diving into the operational details to get things done.
In this role, you will:
- Identify and execute on step change improvements (e.g., beta programs, stage gate definitions) in our product development process
- Drive accountability and adherence to key processes and operational best practices
- Develop and own ongoing refinements to playbooks
- Establish robust feedback loops across product, engineering and customers/customer facing teams
- Lead end-to-end design and execution of cross-functional initiatives (e.g., streamline communications, define product enablement framework)
- Build centralized sources of truths for key cross-functional metrics (e.g., feature requests, support tickets)
- Partner with Product/Engineering and cross-functional (e.g., Sales, Customer Success, Support) leaders to drive decision making and deliver on initiatives
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 7+ years of experience in product operations/program management or consulting
- Strong analytical skills - ability to structure analysis and derive data-driven insights
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to break-down ambiguous problems and turn them into actionable solutions and insights
- Ability to build strong relationships with PMs, engineers, senior leaders (e.g., Product Directors/VPs) and cross-functional partners
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to execute on large, cross-functional projects
- Comfortable with ambiguity, is a self-starter and has an enthusiasm for improving efficiencies
An ideal candidate also has:
- Previous experience as a Product Manager/Product Ops/Program Manager at a fast growing B2B SaaS or hardware company
- MBA is a plus
- Familiar with product development and business tools (e.g., JIRA, LaunchDarkly, Confluence, Salesforce)
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau) and SQL; willingness to learn new tools if needed
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice except for employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work remotely through June 2021 from any US state or country in which they have a valid work authorization. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen except for field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.