Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
This specific role will be the first product manager hired to support a recently founded business unit at Samsara focused on Site Visibility. You will work directly with the Director of Product and General Manager of the Site Visibility business unit to help scale a new product line for the company. You will have broad responsibilities in shaping the new product family and launching entirely new product offerings, often wearing many hats as you help establish this new venture within Samsara.
Given the breadth of responsibility associated with this role, we’re looking to add an experienced Senior Product Manager to help scale the new organization, with significant opportunities for growth and leadership. This position can be office based or fully remote.
In this role, you will:
- Assess new markets, launch new products, and deepen product featuring and infrastructure in collaboration with Design, Engineering and Marketing.
- Gather customer and stakeholder feedback to establish a roadmap and long-term strategy across products and features.
- Develop a technical understanding of our product’s systems and work with engineers and stakeholders to identify meaningful improvements.
- Work tightly with go-to-market teams to develop a repeatable new business motion and respond quickly to sales and market needs.
- Wear multiple hats, instrumental in establishing this new venture within Samsara.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for this role:
- At least 1-5 years experience in a product management role.
- History of successfully launching, scaling, and maintaining complex products.
- Strong technical understanding, ability to establish credibility with engineers.
- Knack for gleaning customer insights from quantitative and qualitative data.
- Bias-to-action and hands-on experience delivering business results. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty.
- Excellent communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting to customers and internal audiences.
- Ability to drive teams of diverse backgrounds to ship features on aggressive timelines.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar quantitative field preferred but not required. MS, PhD, or MBA also preferred
- Experience and comfort working on technical, hardware-based products
- Familiarity with B2B sales and working with sales teams.
- History of being scrappy and willing to play multiple roles to ensure a product’s success.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice except for employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work remotely through June 2021 from any US state or country in which they have a valid work authorization. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen except for field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.