Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
Samsara is looking to hire our first Legal Operations Coordinator to join our growing Legal team! In this role, you will be the organizational force of the Legal team, and provide support with a myriad of day-to-day operations. This role requires an individual who excels in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. You are organized and able to manage competing priorities, while maintaining excellent results and attention to detail. You have strong communication and interpersonal skills and are not afraid to take on challenging requests. We value individuals who are resourceful, proactive and always willing to lend a helping hand.
In this role, you will:
- Coordinate execution of electronic and physical documents (including proofreading, redlining, formatting, signing and filing)
- Provide general administrative support to the legal team, including tracking deadlines, maintaining the legal drive and records, scheduling, shipping and organizing mail, onboarding and updating the company website, and other tasks as needed
- Triage and track incoming internal legal requests
- Support and implement new workflows for the operations team
- Plan internal team off-sites and cross-functional team events
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 1+ years of admin or legal operations experience
- Bachelor's degree with strong academic record
- Experience prioritizing competing deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communicator and team player who can work across multiple teams
An ideal candidate also has:
- Notary license (can also be licensed after joining)
- In-house experience at a technology company
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice except for employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021, full list of locations here. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen except for field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.