Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
Samsara is looking for an Employee Experience Programs Manager to drive our ongoing and new people programs forward (programs include: managing high performance management, measuring employee engagement, onboarding Samsarians, operationalizing values, creating future hybrid workforce, recognizing impact, building manager capabilities etc). This role is critical in creating an organizational rhythm as we scale and is a great opportunity to shape Samsara’s culture.
The ideal candidate is able to exhibit a high attention to detail as well as strong collaborative and communication skills both within the organization and with external relationships. The person in this role will work with the broader People Ops team and cross functional partners to lead people-related programs, projects and initiatives across our employee lifecycle. We have two open roles on on this team as a Program Manager – leveling will be determined upon completion of the interview process.
In this role, you will:
- Design and implement programs: Design, iterate, and launch programs and initiatives by identifying needs, securing resources, and prioritizing work. This will include project planning and execution, communication, and coordination.
- Create employee communications: Create strong communications to brand our programs, create a clear process, and enable ongoing adoption between cycles.
- Manage multiple stakeholders: Collaborate across the full People Ops team, other departments within the company and external partners. You’ll develop successful cross-functional relationships and deliver an exceptional employee experience.
- Translate metrics into impact: Shed light on the impact of our programs, how employees are experiencing them and iterate to maximize impact
- Subject matter expertise and training: Bring subject matter expertise in talent development. Facilitate program training as needed.
- Project Management: Maintain project management best practices to include thorough documentation, capture lessons learned, and effective knowledge management
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in human resources, business administration or a similarly relevant field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of program management, consulting, business partnering, OD/talent management experience or the equivalent, within an People Ops/HR organization
- Experience in a growth organization where ambiguity, quick decision-making and change agility skills are an everyday occurrence
- Experience in combining strategic and tactical responsibilities
- Experience in identifying and achieving alignment around short term milestones to meet long term objectives
- Experience defining and executing on implicit and explicit objectives on multiple parallel programs
- Strong analytical skills and systems thinking required
- Strong program management capabilities, user and solutions focused
- Experience with designing and implementing end-to-end change management plans inclusive of communications, training, sponsorship, and metrics
An ideal candidate also has:
- Advanced degree, particularly a Masters/PhD in organizational development, organizational psychology or similar field
- Tech industry experience
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice except for employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021, full list of locations here. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen except for field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.