Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
The Deal Desk Credit Analyst position is a unique role which requires a strong knowledge of interpreting commercial credit reports, a creative approach to constructing strategic deal structures for our sales team, and strong communication skills for negotiations with our Finance Partners.This includes all activities relating to interpreting commercial credit reports, contract review/management, and reporting to various levels of upper management as well as interfacing daily internally with sales and externally with Finance Partners. You are key to ensuring the success of Samsara’s cash conversion cycle.
This is a full-time position at our San Francisco office and includes $200 Lyft/Uber commuter benefits each month; stock options; up to 4% 401(k) match; catered lunch four days a week; and 100% coverage on medical, dental, and vision benefits.
In this role, you will:
- Review, and provide mentorship on standard and non-standard Finance Partner sales orders, terms, and structure of deals
- Serve as the point of contact and subject matter expert on deal constructs, special pricing, operations, and revenue policies for ad hoc troubleshooting of deal issues and sales escalations
- Craft proposals as the go-to liaison between our sales team and Finance Partners
- Review financial statements using financial ratios, analyzing cash flow, leverage and liquidity of customers in order to facilitate customer financing and the sales cycle
- Experience analyzing deal structure, margin analysis to assist with cash targets and payment portfolio per quarter
- Working independently, perform vigorous collection activity on past due accounts within generally defined credit policies and procedures through extensive telephone, email, fax, written, and face-to-face communication
- Evaluate creditworthiness of current and new customers and establishes credit limits based on analysis of trade reporting, internal data, and other data available within policies and authorization levels set by management
- Utilize basic credit analysis skills to interpret all information prior to extending, increasing, or denying credit availability (unusual situations are referred to a senior credit professional, credit risk analyst, or management team)
- Partner with cross-functional teams including Finance, Sales, SalesOps, and Legal to ensure deals are correctly constructed to meet the customer’s needs as well as internal stakeholders.
Minimum requirements for this role:
- A bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- Two + years of experience in Deal Desk, Sales, Operations, Finance and/or Revenue Accounting
- Experience in dealing with sales organization and cross communication with sales team and outside vendors
- Knowledge of credit and collection policies and principles
- Salesforce, DNBi, Creditsafe and/or Netsuite experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Keen attention to detail and analytical skills
- Solid organizational and short-term planning skills
- Professional, positive, and tactful demeanor with clients and customers
- Accreditation through National Association of Credit Management preferred
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice except for employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work remotely through June 2021 from any US state or country in which they have a valid work authorization. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen except for field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.