Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
Samsara’s Senior Hardware Technical Program Manager is responsible for leading hardware program management from product concept to mass production. In this role, you will partner with engineers, product managers, and operations to help create a high quality product and launch it. You’ll be passionate about managing complex projects, demonstrate a high degree of process ownership and innovation, and want to have fun while we transform the industry that is ripe for innovation.
In this role you will:
- Own, drive and actively facilitate the interaction of cross-functional stakeholders to bring products to market, including managing risks, schedule, cost and quality
- Drive program timelines and milestones as agreed upon with program leads, identify and mitigate risks, resolve dependencies, unblock progress, and escalate issues
- Plan and execute on development builds, including factory line bringup, test plans, manufacturing SOPs, allocations, yield reporting, and failure analysis.
- Evaluate supply chain, manufacturing and build issues by working closely with suppliers to resolve these issues and, as needed, support evaluations of alternate suppliers
- Ensure quality and cost targets are being driven appropriately at suppliers to minimize cost and ensure highest quality of the product
- Drive trade-off discussions internally for increases in features or scope
- Manage sustaining production of products and lead post-launch failure analysis.
An idea candidate has:
- 8+ yrs of experience in managing complex hardware projects through the full product development life cycle
- Strong engineering background with preference towards those with solid EE background. MBA a plus
- Ability to quickly understand and communicate tradeoffs between engineering design, manufacturability, schedule and cost
- Experience in working with ODM/JDMs and silicon suppliers
- Excellent communicator, relationship builder and able to thrive in multi-functional team engagement
- Expertise using various project management and database tools
- Strong analytical, problem solving and planning skills
- Self-motivated, action-driven and biased towards results, and has a strong sense of ownership
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice except for employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work remotely through June 2021 from any US state or country in which they have a valid work authorization. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen except for field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.