Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the Role:
Samsara is looking for an experienced, customer obsessed Technical Support Engineer to provide world-class support to our largest and most prestigious enterprise customers. You will be part of the Premier Support Team within the umbrella of the Global Technical Support organization and will have the opportunity to solve exciting and complex technical problems. You will be responsible for providing high-touch, white-glove service and direct technical assistance for our top-tier customers across multiple industries.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and a strong technical background with at least 5+ years of hands-on experience in a technical environment role. You understand the day-to-day aspects of supporting customers including managing tickets, authoring knowledge base articles, and providing product feedback to our Engineering and PM teams. The role reports to the Head of Premier Technical Support, a team responsible for taking care of Samsara’s enterprise and elite customer base.
This role can be office-based or fully remote in the US and Canada.
In this role, you will focus on:
- Product Expertise: Become an expert on Samsara’s product portfolio of complete Internet of Things (“IoT”) solutions combining hardware, software, cloud, and mobile computing to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations.
- Technical Troubleshooting: Use your technical knowledge and product expertise to troubleshoot and solve customer issues with medium to high complexity.
- Responsiveness & Resolution: Respond to customers and resolve their inquiries in a timely and helpful manner with a primary focus on meeting our SLA goals.
- Documentation: Partner with Enablement to author and maintain customer-facing knowledge base articles to help improve the self-servisablity for our end users.
- Partnerships: Work closely to develop partnerships with our Engineering and Product teams in order to reproduce bugs and build testbeds as necessary.
- Feedback Loop: Provide direct feedback to Support management for product and process improvements to ensure best-in-class customer experience.
- Team Player: Be a champion of Samsara’s cultural values: (1) Obsess Over the Customer, (2) Build for the Long Term, and (3) Have a Growth Mindset.
Technical Job Requirements:
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration is required
- Database experience in query languages such as SQL and GraphQL is required
- Troubleshooting experience with API and various types of integrations is necessary
- Strong familiarity with using CRMs like Zendesk and Salesforce
- Experience with industrial systems, electronics, tinkering with cars, or similar hands-on work is a big plus
An ideal candidate has:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, MIS, or other technical field
- 5+ years of experience in support, engineering, or other technical role is required
- Working experience in an Enterprise level customer environment
- White glove customer service and strong interpersonal skills are a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills -- you can speak and write both Engineer and Human
- Ability to influence engineers, product managers, and leaders across the company
- Strong bias for action, ability to dive deep, and insist on the highest standards
- Ability to work in a hyper growth environment with shifting priorities
- Willingness to work flexible hours during nights or weekends is preferred
- Spanish speaker or bilingual is a big plus
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. Learn more about our approach to Flexible Workplaces here.