Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
The Release Manager in Firmware plays an important role in our firmware development and quality process. You will oversee the rollout of new firmware devices to 100s of thousands of devices that are for many businesses critical to their operations; complying with federal drive-time requirements (ELD), realtime driver coordination and safety functionality. This includes working with firmware, software, QA, product management to align on what to include, how to configure, how to validate, how to track and deploy. This person shepherds the works of dozens of engineers out to our customers in a manner that drives transparency and quality. This position is on the firmware team.
In this role, you will:
- Scope firmware releases and shepherd them through development, validation and deployment.
- Regularly communicate and report on release status and key issues to management and across teams within the organization
- Work with the team to scope releases, identify performance criteria and metrics, and track release health.
- Work with engineering leadership, quality leadership, product management and operations to develop a robust release process that spans across Samsara’s hardware program. This includes building consensus and ensuring accountability.
- Develop processes and tools to organize execution and track progress.
- Champion and role model Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Has 3+ years of experience specific to firmware (development, project management, etc) and 3+ years of experience in release management at large scale.
- Experience in data analytics (SQL, databricks, python, etc)
- Scripting experience in Python and/or Go.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice except for employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work remotely through June 2021 from any US state or country in which they have a valid work authorization. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen except for field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.