Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
- Developing a reliable pipeline for ingesting data from our RDS databases into our Data Lake
- Building a data pipeline framework to allow engineers to build Spark workflows that produce output tables for customer facing reports
- Designing an easy to use library and corresponding infrastructure for developers to stream large volumes of data into the data lake
In this role, you will:
- Develop software to reliably ingest vast amounts of data into our data lake
- Explore new infrastructure needed to support the growing needs of our data platform
- Build libraries and data management tooling for other software engineers, product managers and data scientists to use the data platform effectively
- Expand our ability to stream data into the data lake to support near real time access
- Be responsible for the uptime, reliability, and monitoring of our data platform
- Work with stakeholders across the company to use the data platform in new areas
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
An ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years experience on data platform focused teams
- Strong programming skills (experience with Go, Python, or SQL is a plus)
- Experience working with Spark and related data processing technologies
- AWS knowledge and expertise (S3, Lambda, Kinesis, Step Functions)
- Familiarity using Terraform is a plus
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice except for employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021, full list of locations here. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen except for field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.