Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the Role
Samsara is looking for an experienced Technical Support Engineer to provide world-class hardware and software support experience to our customers. You will be a part of our Tier 2 support team within the umbrella of the Global Technical Support organization. You will be responsible for resolving complex customer problems and improving support across all teams. Your work will be collaborative in nature, working together with other support engineers in multiple support locations to serve our customers and troubleshoot complex issues.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background with experience in a technical support role, proven customer-facing skills, and strong communication skills. You understand the day-to-day aspects of customer support including managing tickets, building knowledge base articles, and providing product feedback to Engineering and PM teams.
In this role, you will:
- Product Expertise: Become an expert on Samsara’s product portfolio of complete Internet of Things (“IoT”) solutions combining hardware, software, and cloud to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across multiple industries.
- Technical Troubleshooting: Use your technical knowledge and product expertise to troubleshoot and resolve customer issues with medium to high complexity.
- Responsiveness & Resolution: Respond to customers and resolve their inquiries in a timely and helpful manner with a primary focus on meeting our SLA goals.
- Documentation: Partner with Enablement to author and maintain customer-facing knowledge base articles to help improve the self-servisablity for our end users.
- Partnerships: Work closely to develop partnerships with our Engineering and Product teams in order to reproduce bugs and build testbeds as necessary.
- Feedback Loop: Provide direct feedback to Support management for product and process improvements to help enhance the customer experience.
- Team Player: Be a champion of Samsara’s cultural values: Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, and Have a Growth Mindset.
An ideal candidate has:
- B.S. in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or other technical field
- 2-5 years of experience in support, engineering, or other technical role
- Strong familiarity with using CRMs like Zendesk or Salesforce
- Experience with industrial systems, electronics, tinkering with cars, or similar hands-on work is a big plus
- Technical know-how - you’re comfortable interfacing with engineers, translating complex technical concepts into everyday language, and working with SaaS systems
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to influence individual contributors and leaders across the company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, you can speak both Engineer and Human.
- Strong bias for action, ability to dive deep, and insistence on the highest standards
- Ability to work in a hyper growth environment with shifting priorities
- Willingness to work flexible hours during nights and weekends is preferred
- Spanish speaker or bilingual is a big plus
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice except for employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021, full list of locations here. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen except for field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.