Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About this role:
Samsara’s network of hardware devices is a scalable cloud-connected sensor platform that collects and stores observations about the world in near real-time. Through our cloud dashboard and mobile app, customers gain real-time visibility and drive efficiencies into their commercial fleet and industrial center operations.
At Samsara, we value aligning small teams with customer use cases and giving the independence needed to quickly deliver impactful solutions. You would be a part of the device team that designs and develops code that operates on Samsara’s products (AI cameras, vehicle telematics gateways, asset trackers, etc.).
Our Algorithm team leverages our unique set of vehicle telematics data, driver data and other device data to develop solutions that help our customers better understand and manage their assets. Examples include developing predictive failure models, improved GPS/location tracking, and safety analysis.
In this role, you will work on:
- Early concept exploration to feasibility through productization.
- Vehicle safety algorithms that identify erratic behavior, unsafe behavior, crashes, etc.
- Vehicle health models leveraging time series sensor data.
- Dead reckoning algorithms using varied sensor data (IMU, GPS, vehicle ECU data, camera video, etc, etc.)
- Self learning models / algorithms that determine equipment health / predict failure
An ideal candidate has:
- Solid algorithm and math fundamentals. You will be comfortable working with (and learning as necessary) topics like time series data analysis, linear algebra, statistics, signal processing, machine learning, etc.
- Strong experience in both low-level and high-level programming.
- Experience developing C++, Python, Matlab.
- Research and development experience in one or more of the following areas:
- 3D perception
- Kalman filtering/ stochastic estimation
- Sensor fusion
- 7+ years experience developing time series algorithms using real-world sensor data.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice except for employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021, full list of locations here. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen except for field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.