Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage.
Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
In this role, you will:
- Architect a common test automation framework to be applied across Samsara’s multiple product lines. You choose the language, frameworks, and the tools.
- Develop tests and test suites that validate firmware/product performance across our portfolio of products including vehicle gateways, AI powered dash cameras, asset trackers and others.
- Support the integration and testing of prototype hardware
- Integrate external system simulators into our test suites such as GPS simulators, Cellular network simulators, vehicle diagnostics simulators, etc.
- Lead us in growing the team - set our hiring plan and work with recruiting to execute.
- Contribute as an IC as we initialize and ramp up the team. As we grow the automation team the role will naturally focus more on people management and less on individual development.
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 7+ years of software development
- 5+ years experience in automation
- Proficient in Python and PyTest
- Has developed complex test automation frameworks from scratch
- Experience with hardware-in-the-loop testing
Nice to have experience includes:
- Experience with Golang
- Experience leading a small team of test automation engineers
- Experience with oscilloscopes, function generators and other test equipment
- Familiar with test instrument communication protocols
- Experienced in testing and debugging of electronic boards
- Experience with Environmental Stress Screening (ESS), Device Verification Test (DVT),
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.