Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
Samsara’s network of hardware devices is a scalable cloud-connected sensor platform that collects and stores observations about the world in near real-time. Through our cloud dashboard and mobile app, customers gain real-time visibility and drive efficiencies into their commercial fleet and industrial center operations.
At Samsara, we value aligning small teams with customer use cases and giving the independence needed to quickly deliver impactful solutions. You would be a part of the device team that designs and develops code that operates on Samsara’s products (AI cameras, vehicle telematics gateways, asset trackers, etc.).
As we grow our product portfolio, invest in new features and maintain mature products it is imperative that we invest in our testing, in particular our automated testing. It is for this reason we are investing in a dedicated team to build our test automation infrastructure - this person will lead that team, technically and organizationally.
In this role, you will:
- Architect a common test automation framework to be applied across Samsara’s multiple product lines. You choose the language, frameworks, and the tools.
- Develop tests and test suites that validate firmware/product performance across our portfolio of products including vehicle gateways, AI powered dash cameras, asset trackers and others.
- Support the integration and testing of prototype hardware
- Integrate external system simulators into our test suites such as GPS simulators, Cellular network simulators, vehicle diagnostics simulators, etc.
- Lead us in growing the team - set our hiring plan and work with recruiting to execute.
- Contribute as an IC as we initialize and ramp up the team. As we grow the automation team the role will naturally focus more on people management and less on individual development.
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Experience developing Python and Golang
- Experience with test hardware, software, firmware and/or STE supporting testing activities (Unit and Acceptance Testing (UT/AT), Environmental Stress Screening (ESS), Device Verification Test (DVT), etc.)
- Experience leading a small team of test automation engineers
- Experience with oscilloscopes, function generators and other test equipment
- Familiar with test instrument communication protocols
- Experienced in testing and debugging of electronic boards
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice except for employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work remotely through June 2021 from any US state or country in which they have a valid work authorization. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen except for field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.