Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage.
Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
About the role:
Samsara is looking for a smart, ambitious Supply Chain Manager interested in scaling operations at a rapidly growing IoT startup. The role requires a passion for fast-paced operations, process implementation and negotiations. This opportunity involves direct management of external vendor relationships, NPI program readiness, and raw materials accountability. Candidates must have the desire to impact company growth in an environment with rapidly changing information.
In this role, you will:
- Daily management of raw materials delivery at joint development manufacturers
- Bill of materials (BOM) cost, ordering, and change tracking
- Material readiness date (MRD) reporting and optimization
- Ground up modeling of clear to build (CTB) information
- Relationship management with joint development manufacturers and raw materials suppliers
- Lead-time optimization for all materials
- Coordination with Samsara Taiwan team for data collection and reporting
- Proactive coordination between suppliers and internal NPI/supply chain teams
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and shipment tracking using tools such as Adaptive, Netsuite, and Propel
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in engineering, business or operations
- Detail-oriented, high-energy, positive disposition and excellent communications skills
- Focused on teamwork and collaboration
- 5+ years experience in supply chain, logistics, or materials management
- Operations PM experience
- Intermediate Excel skills
- ERP (Oracle/Netsuite) experience preferred
- Chinese language proficiency
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.