Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the role:
This position will be part of the Business Systems team. The goal of the Business Systems team is to create and deliver on meaningful, large scale technology programs that increase the ROI of Samsara’s systems and technology and improve the overall value and performance of the organization. We make systems/processes more efficient, reduce manual, low-value work, and enable the company to run better, make better decisions, and ultimately be more profitable.
As a Sr. Business Systems Analyst, you will be a shared owner of the vision for Samsara’s financial systems. You will be responsible for becoming a go to SME for our business partners, initiating and delivering on large and complex projects, and providing key mentorship to more junior BSAs. As we are a lean team we’ll expect you to roll your sleeves up and help with support particularly during month/ quarter end also spending time on internal testing to ensure release quality.
The ideal candidate will have a solid analytical mindset, excellent interpersonal communications, diligent time management skills, be team-oriented and have a strong work ethic. This role will collaborate with developers, engineers, and other BSAs within Samsara on strategic projects.
In this role, you will:
- Identify and collaborate effectively with key ICs and leaders across Finance, IT, Sales, Supply Chain, Operations, FPA, and more to solve key business challenges through implementing best practice solutions involving process change, configuration, and or customization.
- Perform complex business and systems analysis work, root cause analysis and provide forward thinking, long term technical solutions; conduct requirements gathering/analysis following the Agile methodology
- Facilitate and lead cross-functional requirement sessions to elicit, document, and analyze business requirements and functional specs. Able to identify unspoken/ conflicting requirements and drive meaningful change even going against the grain (as needed)
- Drive design and system configuration within NetSuite, and other key financial systems.
- Prepare and review documentation for current processes, pain points, and assumptions for finance systems and continuously identify gaps and opportunities for automation projects that will streamline workflows and processes within accounting
- Draw from your experience to recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards that improves the team and our users’ experience while delivering increased automation and long term scalability
- Assist in the ongoing administration of NetSuite and other finance systems as part of a team effort -- create/ modify user roles and permissions, item configuration, workflows, custom fields, custom records, dashboards, advanced templates, multibook entities, searches, reporting changes, related administration duties, etc
- Maintain our critical business systems: coordinate system upgrade activity, respond to issues and incidents and provide day-to-day administration of the critical business systems that drive our global finance operations
- Support for key month/ quarter end close processes (on call)
An ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Finance, CS, or other technical and analytical fields.
- Minimum 5 years 7 (preferred) of relevant experience with the Netsuite platform
- Netsuite ERP certification and/ or CPA (strongly preferred)
- Experience with designing and supporting integrations between Netsuite and other business systems like Salesforce, Concur, Adaptive, HRIS systems etc.
- Experience working with systems that handle sensitive data and with SOX controls and change management processes (preferred)
- Experience with subscription models, and recurring billing systems
- Strong understanding of key financial business processes (Billing, Collections, sales compensation, Revenue Management, Procure-to-Pay, Quote-to-Cash, Record-to-Report)
- Proficient in accounting, from T accounts to double entry bookkeeping to multi-entity multi-currency consolidation and beyond
- Work ethic: You do what it takes to make a project go well. You are equally comfortable taking personal ownership for a task as delegating it
- Prior knowledge and experience working in sprints and following Agile method.
- Ideal candidate is able to handle ambiguity and work effectively in a fast paced and fluid environment
- Proficient knowledge of SQL able to create and review sql intermediate to complex queries
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice except for employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021, full list of locations here. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen except for field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.