Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
Samsara’s Product team works to bring our disruptive IoT technology to market, accelerating the adoption of sensor data to improve industrial efficiency at a massive scale. As a member of the Product team, you’ll be responsible for the end-to-end success of new products and features that delight our customers and further Samsara’s vision. Samsara’s approach to product management is rooted in a deep understanding of the customer. You’ll learn about our customers’ operations, identify the most meaningful problems that we could solve for them, and develop a product vision that maximizes the impact Samsara can make on the market.
We're hiring an experienced Senior Product Manager for our Safety product team.
Safety Event Detection: Samsara’s AI Dash Camera is one of the fastest growing IoT products in a rapidly expanding market for Fleet Safety solutions. Customers rely on our products to reduce, quantify and manage driving risk at-scale. Understanding the conditions drivers face in real-time and generating safety-relevant events data are at the core of everything we do, and the associated in-cab coaching of drivers can have a substantial impact on our customers’ Safety outcomes. As PM for the Safety Event Detection team, you will own strategy, feature design and GTM for our market-leading AI- or telemetry-based events features. You will work closely with our computer vision, machine learning, full-stack, firmware and hardware engineering teams to drive Samsara’s market leadership in this space. This role touches Samsara’s entire technology stack and will be a fantastic opportunity to experience leading-edge technology productization for real-world impact. As a Senior PM you will also have the opportunity to mentor Associate PMs and other early-career PMs on our team.
In this role, you will:
- Launch new features and infrastructure in collaboration with Design, Engineering and Marketing.
- Gather customer and stakeholder feedback to establish a roadmap and long-term strategy across products and features.
- Develop a technical understanding of our product’s systems and work with engineers and stakeholders to identify meaningful improvements.
- Mentor early-career Product Managers.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 3-7+ years in a product management role.
- History of successfully launching and scaling platform products.
- Strong technical understanding, ability to establish credibility with engineers.
- Knack for gleaning customer insights from quantitative and qualitative data.
- Bias-to-action and hands-on experience delivering business results. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty.
- Excellent communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting to customers and internal audiences.
- Ability to drive teams of diverse backgrounds to ship features on aggressive timelines.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Familiarity with B2B sales.
- Undergraduate degree in a technical discipline (computer science, engineering, etc.) preferred. MS, PhD, or MBA is a plus.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks. Review all of Samsara's benefit programs at rewards.samsara.com.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.